Monday, June 11, 2012

So proud!

This past Saturday Meah had her spring dance recital. Last year in dance it was way more low key, and just in the studio. This year was on a BIG stage, and was a full on show!! I'm not a big one for showing my emotions publicly. But, when MY little "baby" so bravely got up on that stage, I could feel my eyes get moist. A big smile was plastered on my face watching her remember perfectly every little step. The only time she had any kind of nerves was when I brought her down to room where all the other dancers were waiting before the show started to go on stage. And I think that was only because the room was FULL of all the dancers, and she was slightly overwhelmed. After all, besides play dates with close friends, Sunday school, and regular dance classes, this is the first time I've had to leave my little girl with a bunch of "strangers". But, I told her (and myself) it was gonna be okay. ) (this is right after I did her hair and makeup) She did fantastic! Not looking at her teacher for the actions at all. She had those dances memorized by heart. All I could do was smile, and try to snap a few photos to remember this proud occasion. Part of the show had the older more advanced students. I couldn't help but imagine myself sitting at her show in ten years, thinking back to this first one. And now a few pictures to remember the day. She's done for this year now, until the fall. I asked her as we drove home from the recital if she wanted to do dance again next year? Her, reply, "YES!".

No comments: